Pre Training Assessment Booking Form

Monday 25 January 2010

Dismal, dissillusioned ode to Gundog Training !

The sun’s in the sky, it’s finally stopped raining, A grand opportunity to take the pup training.

She’s really quite special, she could be the best, I’m thinking about entering her in a test.

And I’m a great trainer, I’ve paitience and skill, I’ve read all the books, have ambitions to fill, The secret’s to have the foundations in place But I did that last week, so let’s move on a pace.

Last week she did well on a 20 yard blind Now is the time to start stretching her mind So I’ll set her one up, 4 fields away I’m sure she is up for the challenge today I expect only perfection, that’s what I demand, So ‘Sit’ little pup and wait for my command,

‘Oy’ you wee rascal, I never said ‘back’ Oh heck she’s now hurtling along the wrong track, Jeez- where is my whistle? I need her to stop Oh shite, did I leave it on the kitchen work-top? Thank god she’s slowed down,

let’s think what to do – Oh please, don’t tell me, she’s rolled in fox poo? I’ll forget the blind, and move onto directions Positive, positive, no need for corrections, ‘sweet little puppy- please could you go right? Oh bugger, she’s gone left and is now well out of sight.

Back in the car, my puppy is reeking, Atmosphere’s blue, we’re no longer speaking, The day is ruined, I’m dejected and narky Whoever invented this khaki-malarky?

No comments:

Post a Comment