Pre Training Assessment Booking Form

Friday 29 January 2010

Gundog Joke


Some comic and philosophical insights into our relationships with our canine hunting partners
By Jerry Thoms

Any Game Shooter or Wildfowler owning a gundog almost certainly has had a gun dog that has made them laugh.

A good gun dog joke, in fact, can help us better understand and enjoy what our gun dogs do with us and for us (and sometimes to us), whether on a shoot or around the house.

The following is a collection of gun dog humor, some of which may be a little gross (but still funny) and some that might be a little more profound (but still entertaining). As with many kinds of comedy, most people, we're hoping, will see their gun dogs and themselves from a broad perspective that allows for a sense of irony and the ridiculous.

How Many Dogs Does It Take To Change a Lightbulb?(Answers From Various Gun Dog Breeds)

1. Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

2. German Shorthaired Pointer: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.
3. French Brittany: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!

4. Chesapeake: Make me.

5. English Setter: I'll take care of it right after tea.

6. Labrador: Oh, me, me! Pleeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Can I?

7. American Brittany: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

8. Wirehaired Pointing Griffon: Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb.

9. Pointer: It's somewhere past the horizon, right?

10. Any gun dog puppy: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark. Maybe no one will notice…


No comments:

Post a Comment